Why Choose Conlon & Thompson Orthodontics
Too often patients mistakenly assume that because their dentist also offers braces, he/she is an orthodontic specialist. Orthodontic specialists are dentists who limit their practice to orthodontic treatment only. They have learned the special skills required to manage tooth movement and guide facial development by completing 2 to 3 years advanced university training program after receiving a dental degree. It is very important to have a university trained orthodontist providing the orthodontic care for you and your family. Drs. Conlon & Thompson are university trained specialists in orthodontics and Dr. Conlon is also an American Board Certified Specialists.
Below is a list of very good reasons and special features that makes Conlon & Thompson Orthodontics, Ltd. different and unique.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics – Dr. Conlon has earned the distinction of being an American Board Certified Orthodontist. Only 20% of the orthodontists in the state of Illinois have earned this honor.
- Damon Bracket System – We are only one of two orthodontic practices in the entire county presently using the new and revolutionary Damon Brackets and we do so at no extra cost.
- Non-Extraction Mechanics – The vast majority of our patients (children and adults) are treated without extracting (removal) any of the permanent teeth. A non-extraction orthodontic result produces a broader smile with better facial and smile aesthetics.
- Early Orthopedics & Treatment – Drs. Conlon & Thompson will use a two phase treatment plan when early intervention is recommended. We can utilize children’s growth potential and dentofacial orthopedics to develop and alter the jaw structure to correct underlying skeletal (jaw) problems.
- Adult Orthodontic Treatment & Invisalign® – About 20% of our patients are adults. Drs. Conlon & Thompson have taken extensive training in adult orthodontic mechanics, TMJ (temporomandibular or jaw joint) treatment as well as the use of Invisalign in order to provide a variety of treatment options for adults.
- Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment Fee – Your quoted orthodontic fee is inclusive of all expenses associated with treatment. This includes: diagnostic records and treatment planning, the costs associated with placing, adjusting and removal of the braces, all arch wires and elastics used, any orthopedic appliance, any unscheduled (emergency) visits and one set of retainers.
- Flexible Financing – Our office makes orthodontic treatment affordable by being flexible in how it’s paid. We do not charge interest or finance charges on treatment costs. There are a variety of monthly payment plans that can fit into your budget. It is not uncommon for several members in a family to undergo treatment at the same time.
- Computer Imaging – Conlon & Thompson Orthodontics, Ltd. has the most sophisticated computer imaging system to better diagnose facial disharmony and to demonstrate to patients the various treatment options. Patients are able to see how orthodontic treatment will affect their appearance and profile when completed.
- Less Discomfort & Fewer Visits – We utilize the most high tech arch wires available. These nickel titanium and heat activated arch wires produce a light, gentle force (less discomfort) over extended periods of time. Appointments can be scheduled at 8-10 week intervals as opposed to the normal 3-4 week orthodontic visits. Total time in braces has been reduced due to our more efficient tooth moving mechanics.
- Minimal or No Waiting – Our patients will tell you that we run on time. Our goal is to avoid waiting and run on schedule. You can expect to be seen at your scheduled appointment time without unnecessary delays.
- Progress Updates & Communication – You will receive regular hygiene and treatment progress updates at every visit. Your dentist will receive a detailed report of Dr. Conlon & Dr. Thompson’s orthodontic findings, diagnosis and treatment plan prior to starting treatment as well as regular updates throughout treatment. Communication to both the parents and your dentist is very important to ensure continuity of dental care.
- Sterilization – We pride ourselves in working at the “safest” place to have braces. We use state-of-the-art sterilization techniques and equipment to protect both patients and employees from cross contamination. We do not recycle any previously used orthodontic appliances, but instead only use new sterilized braces and wires for each patient.
- Caring & Friendly Staff – Our orthodontic staff is simply the best! Our staff has been carefully selected to ensure that our patients are treated with genuine care and kindness. We are here to serve and assist you with any questions that may arise during the course of treatment. We have regular staff meetings and participate in ongoing staff training programs. Drs. Conlon & Thompson are always available (24 hour a day) for any orthodontic emergencies.
- Patient Motivational Contests – One of our goals is to keep our patients motivated during the course of treatment. We want our younger patients to assume the responsibility of taking good care of their own teeth, braces and wearing elastics/appliances. We have a variety of patient motivational contests to encourage good compliance. Every summer we have our patient appreciation party, typically over 600 people attend.
- Continuing Education – Throughout the year Drs. Conlon & Thompson take continuing education courses in orthodontics as well as attending monthly dental society and dental study club meetings to remain at the forefront of orthodontic/orthopedic research and technology. Our staff members are also required to attend continuing education classes.
- Active in the Dental Society – Since 1978, Dr. Conlon has been as active member of the McHenry County Dental Society. During this time, he has served as President as well as an officer and member of the Board of Trustees (1980-1990). Dr. Thompson is presently serving as President of the McHenry County Dental Society Board of Trustees. Both doctors lecture to the local dental society and study clubs.
- Active in the Community – Dr. Conlon has been an active supporter of youth activities for the McHenry, Johnsburg, Richmond, Spring Grove, Wonder Lake, Wauconda, Woodstock, Harvard and Crystal Lake areas. He annually sponsors youth baseball, pigtail league, soccer, football, swimming, cheerleading, 4-H club, music and drama productions and numerous other school activities. Dr. Conlon is a long-standing member of the McHenry Chamber of Commerce and Kiwanis Club. Our staff annually participates in a Fall Food Drive, Halloween Candy Buy Back Program and The Relay For Life Fundraiser. Every year our doctors give talks on orthodontics and dentistry to the local grammar schools.
- State-of-the-art Facility – We offer a spacious state-of-the-art facility with a beautiful setting overlooking the park to make your visits to our office as enjoyable as possible. Some of our adults enjoy the semi-private rooms that we offer.
- 24/7 Accessibility – At Conlon & Thompson Orthodontics, you can gain 24/7 online access to your account, appointment and treatment information on our website. You’ll have “round-the-clock” access to your information…plus you’ll receive a quarterly patient newsletter to keep you up-to-date on our practice and other dental health related topics. We will send e-mail and text message appointment reminders, as well as computer generated phone call reminders two days prior to your next appointment.